On Thursday, January 7, members of the Ithaca Board of Realtors® (IBR) gathered to share in the presentation of annual awards to members who stood out in 2020, and to usher in a new and promising year. Introductory remarks were made by outgoing president Mary Stoe, who welcomed all attending members to the virtual ceremony, and provided her thoughts on the very unusual year we have experienced together.
Thursday’s keynote speaker was 2021 NYSAR President Dave Legaz, who gave an overview of NYSAR activities in 2020, and guided the audience through a hopeful look at 2021.
Mary was joined by incoming president Karen Johnson to hand out the 2020 IBR awards, as follows:
- Good Neighbor Award, Melissa Miller-Fedrizzi;
- Initiative Award, Chelsey Smith;
- Jane Schafrik Housing Opportunities Award, Dick Patterson;
- Mentor Award, CJ DelVecchio;
- President’s Award, Melissa Miller-Fedrizzi and Elise Feuer;
- Committee of the Year Award, Advertising and Public Relations;
- Realtor® of the Year Award, Mary Stoe.
After the 2021 officers and directors were sworn in, during which attendees welcomed new directors Tiffany Bechtold and Bonnie Osadchey, the ceremony was closed out with encouraging words from Karen Johnson, who shared her thoughts and goals for a prosperous and predictable year!