REALTORS from across the state attended they NYSAR Lobby Day on March 20, 2018. Ithaca Board of REALTORS® met with: Assemblyman Friend, Assemblyman Palmesano, Senator Seward, Senator Akshar, Senator O’Mara, Senator Pamela Helming, Assemblywoman Lifton, and Assemblyman Finch.
Talking points were in support of the:
- NY First Home Fiscal Study (First-Time Home Buyer Savings Account)
- Transparency and Disclosure in Cooperative Housing
- Real Estate “Team” Definition
- Support for infrastructure such as water and high speed internet services
Talking points opposed:
- Real Estate Transfer Tax Increase on Conveyances of $5 million or more
- Additional “Flip Tax” on Properties in New York City
- Real Estate Transaction Tax Increases
Any property tax increases are of concern. NYS is already one of they highest taxed states in the United States, and once new taxes are approved in any area of the State, then it raises the potential that the additional tax will be adopted in other areas of the State.
More information go to NYSAR Government Affairs